screen readers for BeOS?

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Tue Dec 12 12:09:40 UTC 2006

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 09:59:55PM EST, hank smith wrote:
> hello I don't know where to ask this one I am wanting to try out the BeOS
> operating system, there is a radio automation package called tune tracker
> that uses the BeOS operating system, from what I can gather from google it
> appears to be some sort of unix like os.
> is there a screen reader that will work on the BeOS operating system?
> can some one help point me in the write direction?

I doubt it. BeOs as it was, is dead and burried. There is a new project
that is under active development to re-create BeOs, I think its known as
Haycu or some such. They haven't put out their first release yet, and
are not adding anything new to feature wise. Once they have re-created
BeOS from scratch, they will add new features.

When this time comes, some of us can lobby them to implement things like
atk/at-spi for the GUI, and get some existing screen readers hopefully
functioning.

Have you looked at any radio packages under Linux?

Hpoe this helps.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE