Linux livecd with brailleaccess.

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Feb 8 22:13:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand everything in your mail, but:

Lee Maschmeyer, le Wed 08 Feb 2006 13:35:52 -0500, a écrit :
> There's nothing wrong with the stability of a modern Windows system.

It seems so indeed.

> I believe there are free antivirus programs under Windows;

There are: avg for instance.

> One can use Jaws instead of brltty in Cygwin

Yes, but is it as powerful as brltty?

> and there is an X component of Cygwin.

Yes

> Whether Jaws can deal with it in that environment I have no idea.

It can't.

> But remember that X has had its accessibility hooks for
> only about 20 years.

Hmm, I guess you meant 2 years. There has been some work in the past for
X access (ultrasonix), but that approach wouldn't work today. The
current at-spi approach (since 2 years) is a better long-term solution.
I guess JAWS isn't able to use AT-SPI however.

Regards,
Samuel