update needed on software synthesizers for linux

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Mon Feb 13 03:37:44 UTC 2006

What would one do with a Gumstix system? I heard about them on this Make
Magazine podcast to have small linux systems. The one use, all be it
difficult to get done, that I would think useful would be for audio
processing. My idea would work if I could get it to run winamp DSP's like
sound solution or rock steady. The hardest part would always be the coding
and wiring controls as some of the plugins have an immense number of them.
I'd be happy making the preset I want to use on my computer, loading it in,
and taking the box wherever I'd use it. That would eliminate the need for
displays or any other control mechanism besides a serial port.