Is it possible to communicate with skype?

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Wed Jan 4 12:44:03 UTC 2006

If I redownload an old version of skype from somewhere, maybe
oldversion.com, will it still work? I'm thinking of going net-based instead
of cable for long distance calls and going with a cheap line for local so
that I can still save money by downgrading my TV package. What is accessible
and cheap like skype for PC to phone? Only thing I know of is going to
involve buying some device to hook my phone into and put inside a machine
running linux and asterisk. I have my old machine still here that I intend
to use linux and speakup on, but heard that software is a bear to configure.
It seems that yahoo and aim need the graphic thing filled out to get phone
on there, and I don't think msn does phone at all, windows messenger in XP.