Advice for blind linux newbie

Vasile Radu vradu at constanta.astral.ro
Thu Jul 6 14:37:33 UTC 2006

under windows
I might not be any problem only with jaws I think.
I am using jaws under windows and it is verry simple.
I have a sugestion:
when your friend got lost in too much details
tell him to use windows key + m
to minimize all aplications and to get on desktop
which is a know place.
After that he can navigate with alt+tab amoung open aplication and stop on
this he want to work with.
the moust strange aplication is a webbrowser
because in this kind of aplications
navigation for a blind behaves differently.
In this kind of aplications
jaws has a so named virtual cursor
which is not the pc cursor.
In this state (virtual cursor)
jaws use most of the keys of the keybord for navigation not for editing
for example
with h key he can navigate amoung all headings on the page.
With f key he can navigate amoung all forms elements on the page
For editing such a form element he must put the virtual cursor on this form
element press enter
and he will hear
form mode on
in this state he can edit evry form element present on the page.
There are more to say on this subject if you want more details contact me at
rvasile at gmail.com
or
on yahoo
matematicianu2003 at yahoo.co.uk
also on yahoo messenger at matematicianu2003
or on skype at raven2004742
I would like to help him.