Anyone using Asterisk?

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Tue Jul 25 22:52:10 UTC 2006

I am thinking of installing it too, on my old machine, although it's
probably not going to be an easy project unless I install AMP, the Asterisk
Management Portal to get a basic config generated and modify by hand as
necessary. I've read a lot of good things about it online that make it sound
better than Time Warner phone that I pay too much for and not have tons of
features with it, or at least a few I'd like. Does it generally support
Intel voice modems that have a handset port and a line port to use them in
place of the "made for Asterisk" cards when it comes to being able to hook
up my talking caller ID with my cordless phone as an extension? I plan to
not hook up the line port as that's what the Voip is for. I could get a
Sipura adapter or a card that is made just for Asterisk, but it'd be nice to
use the voice modem I already have, as I probably would throw it away or
something otherwise as I have no other use for it.