Problems with BRLTTY and the Braille Voyager display in Debian

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jul 30 03:02:43 UTC 2006

[quoted lines by Odd Martin Baanrud on 2006/07/30 at 04:36 +0200]

>When I try to start the program, I get this message:
>/dev/brlvger: No such device.

You are using a very old version of brltty. My recommendation is that you use
the latest version. If you can't then I'll look up how to create that special
device, but you'll also then be stuck with whatever bugs that no longr used,
late 2.4 only, kernel module may have in it.