Calling a script from a terminated script

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Thu Mar 9 16:32:52 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

Weird as it sounds, that's what I want to do. I have a script that needs to
reinvoke itself, and I have this part solved. But the caller hangs around
while the called version executes; if it also calls itself the stack keeps
getting bigger. Is there a way I can make the caller schedule the callee and
then terminate so there's no stacking?

And, am I right in thinking there's no way for a script to retrieve the
entire command line used to invoke it? There's /proc/$$/cmdline but the
spaces are 0x00 and I can't seem to snag them to turn them back to spaces.

Thanks much for any info,

--
Lee Maschmeyer
<lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu>