Article: Free Software and disabled users must learn to communicate

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Sun Mar 19 07:17:16 UTC 2006

Greetings,

Lately, many governments have started to strongly push for adoption of
Free and Open Source Software (FOSS), to reduce costs, create more
local jobs and have greater control on their information
infrastructure. Many disabled users worldwide are strongly complaining
about these initiatives, because migrating to software infrastructure
with a different and/or not fully accessible interface would serioysly
restrict job openings for disabled users.

Here is an article I wrote on this subject, where I affirm that both
disabled users and FOSS supporters must learn to listen to each other,
understand what is really at stake, and cooperate:

http://software.newsforge.com/software/06/03/13/1628249.shtml?tid=150

	Best Regards,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 4 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Rules should encourage thinking, not discourage it.
                   The New York Times Manual of Style and Usage