Trouble with BRLTTY in Fedora 5

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue Mar 21 22:58:27 UTC 2006

Hi,

Tobias Vinteus, le Tue 21 Mar 2006 23:53:52 +0100, a écrit :
> I just got Fedora Core 5 up and running. ...except for the fact that
> brltty only shows a line of question marks. Does that mean that the screen
> is in graphical mode?

Mmm, no: it would display "screen not in text mode". There is no nofb
option in Linux, so maybe you're running a frame buffer terminal ? Check
for the presence of a program called somethingterm (bterm, fbterm,
jterm, ...).

Eventually, strace brltty and give us the result so that we can know
what happens precisely.

Regards,
Samuel