Getting started with Gnopernicus

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Mar 31 09:11:24 UTC 2006

Odd Martin Baanrud, le Fri 31 Mar 2006 04:44:44 +0200, a écrit :
> So now, I need detaild instructions on how to get this up and running.

Documentation is available in brltty's documentation
(README.Gnopernicus). I'm pasting the most important parts.

- make sure you are able to read /etc/brlapi.key as user.
- enable accessibility of the gnome desktop:
   gconftool-2 --type bool --set /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility true
- turn braille on:
   gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/gnopernicus/srcore/br_active true
- set braille device to brltty:
   gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/gnopernicus/braille/translation_table
- choose your braille table between en_US, de, es or sv, for instance
  en_US:
   gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/gnopernicus/braille/translation_table en_US
- turn speech on:
   gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/gnopernicus/srcore/sp_active true
- make gnopernicus automatically start:
  1) Create the directory "~/.gnome2" if it doesn't exist yet.
  2) Create the file "~/.gnome2/session-manual" if it doesn't exist yet.
  3) Add the following lines to the "session-manual" file

<blank line>
[Default]
num_clients=1
0,RestartStyleHint=3
0,Priority=60
0,RestartCommand=gnopernicus

And as terminal, you can use gnome-terminal.

Regards,
Samuel