dual boot

Aldo blinuxman at tuxfamily.org
Sat May 6 07:44:44 UTC 2006

On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 06:45:17AM +0000, Rinaldo wrote:
> Hello Aldo
> I need the info as how to create this 'beeep code' you write about please.

Very simple, no howto needed: you simply do at your prompt
echo -e "\007" >beep 'enter'
or, you directly redirect it with >>/boot/grub/menu.lst, then paste it
at the end of the title line.
Each time you boot the pc, at that moment you will hear a beep;
if you copy two beep codes to the end of your title line you hear of
course a beep twice.
Note that I remember to have seen a howto about it on the speakup ftp or
so (maybe Kirk can confirm if so).
But my method only contains 1 or 2 beeps near the 1st title of menu.lst
That's all.
Aldo.