Using Braille Lite 40 with V-TERM

Dave Van der Molen dvm at cyg.net
Tue May 30 23:36:49 UTC 2006

Hi Listers.

I am using a Braille Lite 40.  I just received V-TERM in the mail today.  The IT person at my work wants to set up a serial virtual modem on my PC to communicate
with the Braille Lite and V-TERM.  I want to be able to send E-mail via the Braille Lite.  After running V-TERM, however, I try typing various characters
on my Braille Lite and get absolutely no response whatsoever.  Interactive is set to on.  I've set duplex to full.  I try typing things like AT followed
by 4-6 chord.  As I type those characters, I get no feedback from the Braille Lite.  We don't know if this is a problem with the Braille Lite, the virtual
modem, or what.  Is it possible to get an error message or any feedback at all from V-TERM if not connected to a modem?

Thanks!

David Van Der Molen