orca assistance again.

Shaun Oliver shaun.oliver at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 3 14:16:20 UTC 2006

Just a couple of questions,
first of all,
when opens an email with evolution, does orca automatically read what's
there or do we have to give it a helping hand?
Secondly, this is an evolution question, where in the world do you enter
in your password for your mail account?
I haed no end of hassle with this the other day, suffice it to say,
unless you're a glutten for punnishment like me, or curious as I suppose
I also am, then neither is for you as it can get rather frustrating if
you don't have the patients to sit down and just learn.
Don't get me wrong people, I for one am glad I now have some access to
the gui under linux, HOwever, it's nowhere near ready for the masses. I
do however intend on learning python at some stage because while gaim is
an excellent instant messaging client, it's shit when it comes to irc.
either chatzilla or xchat-gnome both are better suited to that task so
I'm going to have to learn how to script for orca so as I can just chat
away rather than worry about where my flat review cursor is in order to
see what someone last typed.
I'm impressed don't get me wrong but as I'm sure we're all aware, screen
access has miles to go before mr. dummy out there would be able to just
sit and do their thing.
thanks for allowing the questions and rant.

shaun