Oralux repository

Gilles Casse gcasse at oralux.org
Sat Oct 7 11:18:13 UTC 2006

Hello,

The Oralux repository is under construction: it currently includes
around 30 new packages.

This repository includes the MBROLA packages which are proprietary and
can not be included in a commercial project without permissions (the
license is much more detailled of course). Before including these
packages in Oralux, we contacted Dr Thierry Dutoit and the other
copyright holders for the MBROLA databases.

If possible, the best would be that some of our packages migrate to the
repository of major distributions. It would be great if these .deb
packages were converted in rpm.

It might ease for example the multispeech installation and its six
related languages.

These packages are compliant with a Debian testing (Knoppix 5.0.1 in
fact).

Igor B. Poretsky kindly proposed his Debian packages (particularly for
mbrola). Another source could have been the Brlspeak project since
Sebastien François built some of these packages.

Lukas Loehrer kindly proposes his eflite/flite packages compliant with
ALSA. He also helped to improve some of my multipeech packages.

The current Oralux repository is available with these lines in the
sources.list file:

deb http://oralux.net/packages unstable main non-free contrib
deb-src http://oralux.net/packages unstable main non-free contrib

Best regards,