any gentoo users out there?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Oct 13 02:30:06 UTC 2006

If so, did you manage to get gnopernicus working on gentoo?  I tried it
with a networkless advanced install so I could enable speakup but since
gnopernicus and dependencies were not on the livecd, I tried doing an
emerge gnopernicus after the install.  Since hal cannot find a useable
kernel configuration file it can't calculate the linux version and will
not finish emerging.  The hal package for kernel 2.6.17 is a dependency of
gnopernicus.  I did the networkless install to help avoid as many security
problems as not having your computer open to the internet for several
ahours and automated cracking software would provide.