Fedora Core 6 and Brltty v3.7.2

Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson jbsn at tpg.com.au
Wed Apr 11 23:57:16 UTC 2007

Good morning,

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Patrik Johansson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've just installed Fedora Core 6 and Brltty 3.7.2 on my Linux box. I want to use Brltty with my Braillex EL 40 Desktop Braille display.
> When I start Brltty I get the startup message on the Braille display, but after that I only get question marks. However, I can see that the cursor moves on the Braille display when I type letters at the shell prompt.
> Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks for any help.

I would suggest that you've a problem with the character set. I'm not
using Fedora any longer, but when I was - probably Core 4 - I had to make
changes in i18n in order to see letters which are not in the English
alphabet. Set it to either ISO-8859-1 or ISO-8859-15. It's probably set to
UTF-8 at the moment.

Good luck!

Regards,

Bertil