Building edbrowse on Debian

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Wed Aug 15 18:53:31 UTC 2007

"Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis" writes:
> Did you rely in the wrong thread? Edbrowse needs the SpiderMonkey
> JavaScript interpreter. It doesn't need Java at all AFAIK.

	Right. javascript and java only share
the first four letters of their names. I read somewhere that
that wasn't an accident, but that is the only thing they have in
common. Spidermonkey exists as a Debian port and appears to
install with no trouble at all. You need it if you build
elinks with javascript capability.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer