help with modules please

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Thu Aug 23 07:10:53 UTC 2007

This what you suggest will not work.
There are some changes to the kernel code itself, it is not simply modules
that is built in addition to the standard kernel.
There are rpm packages on speakup-modified.org, just downlooad the correct
kernel rpm and rpm-ihv kernel-version.rpm where kernel-version is the part
before .rpm in the name.
HTH, Willem

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:

> Hello!
> Can some of you compile some modules for me for speakup with the default fedora 6 kernel?
> I want to use software speech, but I can't compile the modules for some reason, because I find it difficult to get the latest speakup from cvs so that I can compile this, and I only have 2 different kernels with speakup support built in.
> so, can you compile this for me please, and send the software speech module?
>
> so that I can load this with modprobe or depmod?
> /Kristoffer

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions

CallCentre at csir.co.za.

NOTE: The CSIR (http://www.csir.co.za/) has formally adopted the open document format
(ODF) as the standard to support open access to information.
More information on the ODF is available at http://opendocumentfellowship.org/
and the official web site of the non-profit organisation for the
Advancement of Structured Information Standards (http://www.oasis-open.org/home/index.php).
The latest copy of OpenOffice can be downloaded from http://www.openoffice.org/.
Enquiries regarding the CSIR's move to open source software can be directed to vula at csir.co.za