dvd burning

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Wed Dec 12 11:10:48 UTC 2007

I got a dvd burned correctly last night but am going to repeat the
operation since the final statistics had an 11% average for one of the
numbers and about a 5.3x writing speed.  I forgot to set fs=500M which is
appropriate for the dvd burning machine since I have a gig of memory on
it.  Actually I could probably go for fs=512M.  Giving have a machine's
ram over to burning had helped performance on other burns in the past with
cd's so this may work here too.  Interestingly, the progress percentage
counter appears broken when burning DVD's with wodim but not with cd's.