orca

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 14 11:01:04 UTC 2007

Hi,

Ok I have gnome working.
Now I am trying to install orca and get it to work.
I think I have it installed but when I type orca from a normal terminal
that speakup works in I get:
/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:72: GtkWarning:
could
not open display
   warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in ?
   File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/orca/orca.py", line 55, in ?
     import braille
   File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/orca/braille.py", line 53, in ?
     import brl
ImportError: No module named brl

I can't even run firefox this way.
Do I have to open gnome and go to run app type orca and paste output from
that?
Or should this work?
I am on debian eche.
I also added two lines to my sources.list file to get some testing stuff
from leny I think so I could get orca since it wasn't in eche.

Does anyone know  what I should do?

Thanks for any help,

--
Daniel Dalton