getting bookmarks from windows

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Dec 24 09:29:11 UTC 2007

Hi,

I don't know about Firefox, but for IE, how about this:

grep http *.url

You would of course either need to install grep on your Windows box with
something like Cygwin or copy all of your favorites over to the Linux
box.  As for Firefox, it stores them in one file I think so that might
be more difficult.  You could probably still grep for http however and
get usable urls.  Getting them imported into Lynx is a little harder as
you need to convert it to a form of html that is the same as the Lynx
bookmark file.