getting bookmarks from windows

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Dec 25 09:18:54 UTC 2007

marbux wrote:
> uses as its native bookmarks format. I don't know what format Lynx
> uses and don't recall that it's among the formats suppported. On the

Hi,

Lynx uses a form of basic html.  The easeist way to manage Lynx
bookmarks is within an editor such as Notepad for Windows or nano for
Linux.  I've pasted a bit of my bookmarks file below.  It's important to
not include closing body and html tags as you would normally do as that
breaks Lynx's bookmark management.  In other words, Lynx will happily
keep adding new bookmarks to the end of a file with the closing </html>
tags but it won't let you delete bookmarks that appear before the
closing tag, even though it says it does.  It won't display them in a
list like it's supposed to either once a closing </html> tag is inserted.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Bookmark file</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY TEXT="#000000" LINK="#0000ff" VLINK="#551a8b" ALINK="#ff0000"
BGCOLOR="#c0c0c0">

<OL>
<LI><A HREF="http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/blind.html">Blindness Related
Resources</A> </LI>
  <LI><A HREF="http://www.wolinskyweb.com/measure.htm">Measure 4
Measure: Sites That Do the Work For You </A> </LI>
  <LI><A HREF="http://www.cadenza.org/midi/music.shtml">Daily midi
improvisations - music at Cadenza</A> </LI>
  <LI><A HREF="http://digital.library.upenn.edu/books/">The On-Line
Books Page</A> </LI>