Processing Large Binary News Groups?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Wed Feb 28 01:47:30 UTC 2007

Hi All:  I am a subscriber of giganews, which now keeps binaries 100 days.
Seems that with some binary groups showing 1 million or more articles, none of
the usenet tools like this large a group.  trn says "out of memory, signal 1 1
bye"  NewsLite gave me error messages and bombed out.  You see, first I look
through a group in trn--and just leave articles I want to decode.  Now, that I
can pipe yenc encoded messages through uudeview, I can once again use pine.
Anyway, I get the idea that its more the total size than number of articles.
Is their some better way to handle large groups, without just catching up--and
starting from now?
Thanks so much in advance
Hart