RE: Switching to Linux with a few questions

I have heard open office under windows is not accessible.  Using orca,
can one use open office?

-----Original Message-----
From: blinux-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:blinux-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Jude DaShiell
Sent: Monday, January 01, 2007 9:39 PM
To: Linux for blind general discussion
Cc: speakup braille uwo ca
Subject: Re: Switching to Linux with a few questions

drm would have to be stripped off the files for you to use them with
Linux; your best option is to find a music store that doesn't do drm.
word and excel can be converted to other more friendly formats in Linux
and then you can return text or rtf which word can import.  excel files
can be imported using xl2html in linux to other spreadsheet formats
Linux
can use and then you can save the spreadsheet maybe as a .dif file and
import that into excel.  Linux has spreadsheet programs for text mode
and
graphics mode though openoffice which works only in graphics mode works
with word and excel files directly without importing and exporting.
text
mode with linux you could use catdoc2 or antiword to import word files.