servers

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Wed Mar 28 22:13:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 03:49:53AM EST, Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I need to know about what servers there are for linux.
> I want to run the following:
>
> internet radio

Icecast.

> e-mail server

Many to choose from, but I've heard very good things about postfix.

> e-mail list server

Mailman.

> ftp server

Also many to choose from. I've used vsftpd in the past, and it was fine
for what I needed.

> and http server

Apache of course.

> What can I use and what documentation shall I read?

I'd perform a google search for these projects, and start by reading
their respective websites. Many distributions also ship documentation
for all of these packages, so set up your distribution of choice,
install, and then do some reading as to how to set things up.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE
Email & MSN: themuso at themuso.com