May brltty run under vista's sua?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue May 8 14:13:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

coscell at mail.batol.net, le Tue 08 May 2007 22:06:11 +0800, a écrit :
> Newest ms windows vista provided unix-based application subsystem for
> running unix-like programs. Is it possible for brltty to run under it?

brltty can be run under windows starting from 98, by using either cygwin
or mingw.

I don't know if any of brltty developpers have access to a vista system,
but I doubt that what Microsoft calls "unix-based subsystem" is really
something that provide enough POSIX compatibility for brltty.

Anyhow, mingw-based brltty works fine, that should be sufficient for any
use.

Samuel