Speakup with espeak

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Mon Nov 19 08:58:24 UTC 2007

First make sure that espeak is speaking from the command line.
do:
espeak "this is a test sentence."
and listen if it speaks.
It is possible to use ibm viavoice now called ttsynth.
I think it is $40 at capital accessability.
Rebooting is likely to be the easyest for restarting the programs.
Make sure that the addmodule line for espeak is uncommented.
Regards, Willem