want to learn Linux

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Tue Nov 20 00:20:25 UTC 2007

Try grml then, it will provide a Linux command line environment if you can
download an iso file from http://grml.org and burn it to a CD correctly.
The data mode will help.  Once you got that done or think you have it done
put the grml disk in your CD drive but be sure windows will boot from a CD
if it's in that drive first.  Boot the computer from being completely off
and when the Cd stops spinning try typing grml swspeak <cr> where <cr>
means hit the return key.  Wait.  Does the computer say anything to you?
If yes, you're on your way.  If the computer tells you booting is complete
over your sound card, type swspeak again and hit return.  At that point,
you're trying Linux out with speech on your computer.  There's a script we
can discuss later that will install on a single boot system but I don't
know if it can handle a dual boot system too.