want to learn Linux

Daniel Dalton daniel.dalton47 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 05:31:51 UTC 2007

On 20/11/2007 7:26 AM, ryan mcmanomy wrote:

> Is there a linux shell or is it better to have the computer Linux?

What do you mean?

Personally I don't find guis like gnome accessible with orca. So I just
use the console which has been great.

> I am really getting tired of Windows but know nothing about setting up Linux.

Well keep win around until you learn linux. You will still need it!

> And at the time do not have a lot of money to spend on external synthesizer.

Maybe software speech with speakup? (Using the espeak synth I guess)

Also this might help. I think you should buy a cheap machine perhaps off
ebay to test linux out on.
That way you can get help during installation and when problems occur
you have your win box around. And that way you can get help when things
don't work.
(You will have problems!) Trust me on that one.