LSR-and-Speech?

Hurst, Cody churst35 at verizon.net
Fri Nov 30 08:40:42 UTC 2007

Hi Hart,
  I just wanted to clarify, LSR is not a distro itself it is like orca, a
screen reader for the gnome desktop. I probably would recommend Orca, as it
is more developed than LSR is. The only voices I don't mind that come with
Linux is Festival. It is ok but it kind of mumbles I have not tried free tts
because it never worked. I don't know about YASR, but I do know that Speakup
can be gotten to work with software speech, and I believe you can use
TTSynth if I'm not mistaken.

HTH
Cody