localhost ports

Rynhardt P Kruger rkruger at gawab.com
Sat Oct 13 16:53:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

I wanted to play a bit with mud servers on my fedora box, but got a
strange problem.
When I run the mud, and connect to port 4000 where the mud is running,
telnet tells me connection refused. I also tryed to run the festival
server on port 1314 just to check, but I got the same error when trying
to connect to that port. I am, however, able to ssh into my computer
through port 22. What may be blocking all the ports except port 22? Is
it some iptables or uther network configuration thing?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Take care,
Rynhardt