Getting started

Jürgen Dengo jyrgen.dengo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 10:16:56 UTC 2007

Hello. I'm also quite new to linuxs, but you should start with debian, it's
one of the best operating systems from linux world or you could try out
ubuntu. Both of them have brltty support and ubuntu has even some more
settings aboard when you install it. Anyway you should google for the guides
for the command line and you will find them, because I don't remember the
addresses anymore. With both of them, brltty support comes automatically and
it also works with the usp braille display. The installers are straight
forward. To use speach I recommend you to try out speakup. You should also
join the speakup mailinglist.
With regards
Jürgen Dengo