fedora 7 and some problems, ttsynth and brltty

Kristoffer Gustafsson kg84 at dreamwld.com
Mon Sep 24 12:08:08 UTC 2007

Hello!
Yeah, I noticed that too. it was hidden somewhere in the readme, I didn't
see it.

Also, unfortunately the speakup modified fedora 7 image didn't work for me,
it said something that the dvd image didn't match /couldn't find the correct
media that matched from the boot one, someting like that.

I have the iso for the normal fedora with braille support, and that works,
shall I upload that one to my site too for you to try?

An important note about brltty in fedora 7, when you install brltty it
autodetects your braille display, you only need to type brltty, and if you
prefer you can have a translation table with the -t option
yum install brltty will install brltty 3.8
And finally, I've got a kernel question.
If I compile a new kernel with speakup built in, do I need to do another
initrd.img, or can I use that initrd that is allready in the old kernel?

if I need to do a new one, how do I do it?

Do I need to compile a new kernel? or can I just install the speakup kernel
rpm?

/Kristoffer