Switching Spoken Language In Gnoppix/Adriane desktop

Teresa Cochran vegaspipistrelle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 03:47:05 UTC 2008

I've just tried the live distribution for Gnoppix with the Adriane audio
desktop. The interface is in English, but the speech synthesizer is
pronouncing the English as though it is German. The configuration file is a
bit daunting to me, so can someone tell me how to edit it to change the
spoken language to English for espeak? Either that or switch to an English
synth? I won't worry about it for the live version if it's going to be
somewhat involved.

Thanks,
Teresa