Looking for tutorial on accessible table markup

marbux marbux at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 19:07:11 UTC 2008

Hi, all,

I'm working on a research paper to be published on the web in HTML
that requires display of raw numerical data in columns, which in HTML
means tables. I'd like the data to be as easily understandable as
possible for those with vision deficits. It seems to me that each
table cell should have accessible metadata indicating the column
heading and row titles. The largest table is five columns by seven
rows and I have three such tables.

My problem is that I've found no reference information on the Web for
marking up tables for accessibility. Does anyone here happen to know
of such a reference or have a suggestion for a different way of
displaying the data?

Thanks in advance.

Paul E. ("Marbux") Merrell, J.D.

--