Re: shutdown vs reboot command

If it won't shut down properly.  Just fucking shoot it!

Even a blind gujy knows how to build 'em. :-)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Chase" <blinux list thechases com>
To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list redhat com>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: shutdown vs reboot command

Most of the time when I reboot my system I use
shutdown now -r instead of just reboot. What do you think?

both should do about the same thing...I believe they're usually all links to the same underlying executable and that the executable sniffs what it was executed as to determine proper behavior.

I'm lazy and "reboot"/"halt" are both faster for me to type and easier for me to remember, so that's what I use.

If I need more precision for some reason (to shut down at some time other than now), I fall back to using "shutdown", but most of the time I just want to reboot/powerdown *right now*.

-tim