[Fwd: Puppy Linux]

Hans Zoebelein hzoebelein at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 19:17:54 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message --------

Date: 	Sun, 27 Jan 2008 08:13:16 -0500
From: 	David Ring <n1ea at gis.net>
To: 	Hans Zoebelein <hzo at arcor.de>

Hello list,

A while ago, I posted to the list about about a self-booting Linux
distro which would allow visually impaired persons to use the Internet
and write documents.  The first very experimental version is done -
oops!  A bug has been found - and a fix will be uploaded shortly.  I
did say very experimental didn't I?

I proposed a menu that would be very simple and accessed by the up and
down arrow keys - and perhaps by keyboard "first letters" so later X
could be used.

Here is my original proposal thread on Puppy Linux Forum:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=24571&start=105

Here is the page on the new Pup-Speak.iso:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=169969#169969

Mirror space for this download is being requested and if anyone here
can help, contact any of those involved including me.

If anyone responded to my previous posting, I wish to thank you very
much.  It would be grand to have emacspeak included as well.

I'm also looking for a simple chat program for ICQ/AOL that is
commandline usable.  Right now we've got IRC chat available!

Thanks again to anyone who helped or was interested in this.

Please spread the word about this project.

Thanks!

David Ring
Green Harbor, MA

=30=