Mp3Blaster-and-WhiteNoise?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Jun 14 21:24:57 UTC 2008

Trying to figure out a good subject-line for this question.  I have an
mp3blaster sound-card, running alsa in FC6 console.  Some years ago if I were
not playing any audio, I could still hear some white noise when I turned up the
volume on these powered speakers.  Well, now it is quiet unless I am playing
audio or video.  I mostly have to use m player as it has a grapic
equalizer--and I can crank up the highs.  Just wondering if there's a way to
enable the amplifier all the time?
Thanks in advance
Hart