[BRLTTY] noppix

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Thu Jun 26 08:15:57 UTC 2008

Daniel Dalton <d.dalton at iinet.net.au> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know where I can get noppix from and how it works?

Look here:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/dist/knoppix/knoppix-dvd

> - Is braille supported?

Yes.

> Can it be set up so it auto starts braille with my settings? (I would
> like to use it as a live DVD for rescuing machines...)

You have to install it, it's not possible within the live DVD.
Note: It comes with a special screen reader called "Adriane", but it is
based on SBL instead of BRLTTY.
To check it out type "adriane" at the first prompt after a few seconds.
However: you can use brltty instead. For this type "knoppix 2" at the
first DVD stop. Unlike in Adriane, you will have no speech support.
You can also start up brltty from the beginning by adding the proper
command in addition to "knoppix 2". it looks like this:
knoppix 2 brltty=driver,device,brailletable
Hermann

--
All peoples would live in peace, if they could give up only two things: God
and Country.