msn on linux

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Mar 11 09:39:31 UTC 2008

Daniel Dalton wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Mar 2008, Tony Baechler wrote:
>
>> Daniel Dalton wrote:
>>> What package should I get to use msn on linux?
>>> I just have a cli.
>>> I want to use speakup and brltty with it.
>>

>> apt-cache search msn
>
> Well I know, but that doesn't really help a lot when I was asking
> about an accessible version.

Why is that not helpful?  I saw several text mode clients in my search.
Try gaim and several others.  You have to be willing to at least try to
look into things on your own.  When I was searching for an AIM client,
did you see me post here?  No, I looked myself and found two, naim and
pork.  I didn't like either one, but at least I bothered to look.  As I
said, I saw several text mode MSN clients in my very brief search and I
didn't even look at everything.  With that said, I don't use MSN but
gaim has been recommended.