[BRLTTY] brltty - cut and paste question

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 14 10:37:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, Jason White wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 07:32:59PM +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:
>> So I have a question:
>> It looks like that brltty is only capable of cutting text from the current
>> visible screen...
>> So how can I say cut a 10 page emacs document and paste it in an email?
>
> You can use the cut and paste functionality in Emacs, or save the document as

Yes I do for emacs work. But that isn't useful for out of emacs stuff...
Like between documents or in the same document is great.

> a file and read it into your e-mail message using Emacs (or any other text

Thanks, that is what I was looking for! :-)

> editor); or you can save the file and specify it as an attachment to your mail
> message.

You could do that too yes.

> The Emacs manual explains how to cut a region, and how to past (i.e., yank in
> Emacs terminology) it.

I read the tutorial, but better look at the manual at some stage.
How big is it roughly?
I'm reading a book on the c programming language as well so its hard to
find the time!
And is it man emacs?
or should I google for an online manual?

> Hint: c-@ (in other words ctrl-2) marks the start of the region; C-w (i.e.,

Or c-space.
(I saw all of this in the tutorial.)

Thanks for your help,