accessible way of creating virtual machine

Mike Gorse mgorse at mgorse.dhs.org
Wed Mar 19 17:35:16 UTC 2008

I've recently experimented briefly with all three of these programs and
wrote a blog post about it:
http://lightvortex.livejournal.com/136535.html

It is possible that some of the issues I ran into could be worked out (I
didn't spend very long with any of the programs), and your mileage may
vary.

How you create the image will depend on which application you are using
(qemu-img for qemu, VBoxManage for VirtualBox, or the vmware gui for
VMware.  VirtualBox also has a gui, but it is qt-based).

-- Mike Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.freeshell.org --