should I use 64 bit ubuntu on intel core2 t5500?

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 16:57:38 UTC 2008

So it's not just me. I have had Ubuntu both 32-bit and 64-bit on my
AMD/Nvidia system and 32-bit on an AMD/Via system before that with no
trouble at all other than the normal breakage that comes from living on
the edge. However I have an Intel laptop that gives me nothing but
trouble, especially after Feisty. Not to mention the problems friends
have had with their Intel systems. I thought it was just me, but I see I
was incorrect in that assessment. Note that I didn't buy or build any
Intel system I have tried to install and use Linux on. Here I only
support AMD because it just works better. The Intel systems I tried it
on were already built and bought by others and I had recommended that
they give Linux a try when Windows gave them trouble. It's nice to know
that I'm not the only one who has had trouble with Intel and it gives me
yet another reason to only build AMD systems in the future.

Live long and prosper,
Lorenzo
--
Make a change. Make a difference.