syncing mail and address book

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 28 09:14:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have just set up my laptop with ubuntu linux.
My home desktop is  running debian linux.

So how can I sync all my emails from the laptop to the desktop?
Say if I am away and I download 200 emails how can I add these emails to my
messages at home on my desktop?

Should I come up with  a bash script?
If so where is mail stored and what is the basic syntax?

What happens if I organise my  mail into folders?
Also I use alpine with fetchmail...
And how could I sync the address books in alpine?
I'll look at the addressbook since I think that one is fairly easy...
Thanks for any help,

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/