syncing mail and address book

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 30 00:27:03 UTC 2008

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Willem van der Walt wrote:

> I am not really sure what you want to do, but your new mail is storred in
> /var/mail/name where name is the user name who's mail it is, like,
> /var/mail/joe will contain the new mail/inbox of user joe.
> Joe's alpine mail is in /home/joe/.mail which is a directory containing
> the mail folders like sentmail, savedmessages etc.
> You can simply copy these folders around if this will achieve what you
> want.  You can allso append one to another, like:
> cat laptopnewmail >> /var/mail/joe
> Note the two greaterthan signs for appending.

Thanks, but that will give me duplicates of messages...
And with the mail dir if I copy it then I'll lose desktop mail.
I know it would be very easy to append in bash though; this isn't really
what I want since I'll have lots of duplicate messages.

Thanks,

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/