internal vs. external synthisizers?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sat May 3 22:17:44 UTC 2008

Hi all,
Well I believe I am going to end up trying debian, largely because I
understand Fedora may no longer support my hardware synthesizer.
Granted not everyone loves dec, but I have both an internal card <yes and
a machine that will hold it,> and a dec-express.
I know the Kernel has changed lately, that there has been some effort to
make speakup work well with this  latest debian package.
What I do need to know at this point though is   if there is an advantage
to using internal verses external where the hardware synthesizers are
concerned?
both equally supported?
Thanks,
Karen