Virtual box Debian packages

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat May 24 13:33:47 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm looking at the various Debian packaged versions of Virtualbox.
Which should I be downloading?  Both the official Debian virtualbox-ose
and official Sun packages require X which I don't want.  I would have to
install the X11 and QT libraries just to install either package.  I've
read that the X libraries aren't necessary.  What should I be
downloading and how do I install?  Do I have to build from source or can
I use the prepackaged versions?  Any howtos or other tips would be
greatfully appreciated.  Thanks very much.