Could someone explain how to install skype/pidgin plugin?

Karl Wilbur karl at karlwilbur.net
Mon Oct 20 01:47:51 UTC 2008

2008/10/19 Charlie Dorff <cy41169 at yahoo.com>

> Hi...
> I tried to get skype to work with pidgin but I can't figure out how to
> intall the plugin so skype will appear in the protocal of pidgin. Could
> someone please explain how to do this. I understand everything else. I use
> ubuntu. Thanks.
> Charlie

Download the plugin for your OS & Hardware architecture from here:
http://eion.robbmob.com/

Since you are using Ubuntu you can just use this:
~ $ wget http://eion.robbmob.com/skype4pidgin.deb

install the deb package:
~ $ dpkg -i skype4pidgin.deb

Then shutdown Pidgin, if running. Shutdown Skype, if running. Start Skype
(you must have Skype running to use the skype4pidgin plugin), start Pidgin.
Add an account as usual, you can now chose the Skype protocol.

Hope this help.

--
Karl Wilbur