cups and panasonic printer status

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Thu Aug 6 08:53:39 UTC 2009

I think what I got was either a new never used defective printer, or I
must have hit a wrong menu key on the printer because the printer now only
prints out everything on one line.  I can probably get the printer checked
out this weekend and if the configuration is wrong have it fixed.  If
that's not the case this will just be moved over to a computer with an
older dos operating system on it since that computer did print a correct
file.  Even so, this experience was worthwhile so long as it was viewed as
a learning experience because I got to use the cups system which wouldn't
have happened otherwise this soon.  The printer is alarming on paper out
status even though it's got plenty of paper on its tractor feeds and
running under its roller too.